Posted by admin | Posted in Gardening | Posted on 29-10-2012
If there is one task that ought to be done in all homes then it has to be cleaning. Not cleaning would mean a lot of trouble for everyone in your household. It could mean that there would be a lot of germs going around your house which could cause diseases. So you ought to think seriously about cleaning your place more than any other task.
To help you in that aim, here are a few little known tips when it comes to cleaning that could make your lives easier:
- When it comes to buying detergents, you should buy the cheap lesser known brands. You can just add some washing soda when using it and the effects would be fantastic. That is exactly what the detergent manufacturers would do when they are making their own expensive grease removing detergents.
- Don’t use the furniture polish that uses spray type applications. It would be better if you are going to use the wax types that are applied using rags. It would be better for the furniture. It would save you time as well because your furniture would only need cleaning once every few months if you use that kind of product.
- Instead of buying window cleaning products that uses spray, you can make your own. Mix vinegar and water and place them in a sprayer. Old newspapers would be more effective in cleaning glass. You can see the effects clearly.
- Do you buy expensive and fancy dusters? Well, there is a better alternative. You can use old sweatshirts instead to clean surfaces. They would be a lot easier to use. They do not get damaged so easily and you should have a steady supply of them.
- Do you have a lot of stainless steel surfaces in your kitchen? Then you can just use baby oil instead. You can wipe the surfaces with baby oil to keep free from rust and help resist corrosion.
- Cut your scouring pads in half before using them. That would allow you to use them a lot longer than usual.
- If you want your shower glass to remain streak free, then wipe away the shower glass immediately after taking a shower. You can use clothing that you have just removed in order to do that.
These are just some of the little known tips that you can do when it comes to house cleaning.
Posted by admin | Posted in Gardening | Posted on 16-10-2012
A landscaper is someone who changes the environment in a particular area for a variety of reasons. The most common of these reasons is for decorative purposes. Landscaping today is mostly used in gardens and yards and a professional landscaper is the one that oversees the task of installing it in those places.
If you are thinking of hiring a landscape professional, then here are just some of the things that they do:
- Design- Landscape professionals are sometimes referred to as landscape designers or architects. You can count on them to come up with designs and looks for your garden that would definitely enhance it. They think about a lot of different factors first before they execute their design. They think about the way that the area is laid out and the features that are already there. These features can be both natural and man-made. They also come up with the placement of walkways, ponds and fountains which are all supposed to enhance the look of the place. When the design gets a green light for execution, then the landscaper starts moving for acquiring material and services to get it done.
- Creation- The main job of a landscaper is to change a setting in a garden or a yard. They can either be the actual craftsman doing the major part of the work or they can just supervise the construction.
- Maintenance- Another important task for the landscaper is maintenance work. A garden can deteriorate quite rapidly if no one maintains its appearance. So a professional who understands the way that it was setup should be on hand to fix anything that gets damaged or to take care of the plants that were placed there. Some ornamental plants that are used for landscaping require a huge amount of maintenance.
- Controlling Plants- One thing that you should remember when you are dealing with a garden is that it is prone to pests and weeds. So a good landscaper would know how to handle these pests and weeds so that they do not cause harm to the garden in general. With the growing awareness when it comes to environmentally friendly practices, the trend is now to use green pest control methods.
- Nurseries- There are many landscapers who work exclusively in plant nurseries working with young plants and seedlings. Their expertise is in planting these seedlings and installing them and they could offer those services as they sell the young plants.
- Outdoor Décor- Sometimes landscapers could also provide outdoor décor services which is very much in demand during the Holiday season.
These are the major services that can be provided by a professional landscaper.
Posted by admin | Posted in Gardening | Posted on 26-09-2012
If you are looking for a hobby or an activity which you can engage in, which is both relaxing and rewarding then I recommend that you should try gardening. It can give you those two benefits plus a whole lot more.
One of the things that could hold back a person from taking up gardening is the fact that you might know very little about it. That should not stop you from trying out this hobby, because you would really find that it has so many benefits. So you could make a start at it, here are some tips and tricks that you can follow when it comes to starting out in gardening:
- We have mentioned how rewarding and beneficial gardening can be. You should bear in mind though that it would take a solid commitment on your part before you can reap all of those benefits. You need to allot time to your gardening if you want to see results.
- Different types of plants will grow in different places and conditions. Before you start your garden, you should pick the kinds of plants that you would like to have in your garden from those that could grow in your location.
- You cannot just pick a location for the garden without basing it on anything. You need to look into several factors. How close is it to a water supply? Is it near a structure? Will people or animals be passing through it?
- Planning is a good thing to do before you set out on any task. Like with gardening, it would help if you could draw a diagram of the plots that you would like to have and what plants you would like to have there.
- Three weeks before you start planting your garden, you should add plenty of organic matter to the garden soil so that it would become rich with organic matter once it’s ready for planting. That will help improve the way that it can retain water and nutrients.
- It is a must for you to know the pH of the soil that you are going to use for the garden. There are plants that thrive on acidic soil, but generally it would be best to have a neutral pH and you can achieve that by adding more organic matter into the garden.
- A general rule that you can follow is that young plants like plenty of light, as much as 12 hours of it. So, you should know the amount of light that your zone is getting at certain periods of the year, to know the best time to start planting.
- Try watering deeply so you don’t have to do it a lot. If your soil has good moisture retention then that could help.
Posted by admin | Posted in Gardening | Posted on 01-09-2012
Choosing the right gardening products should consider how effective it would be for your garden. It is important that it delivers the right nutrients to the soil. A nutrient-rich soil will make your plants thrive better. At the same time, a pet owner should consider using gardening products that will not harm their pets. Most of the commercial weed killers and fertilizers may be toxic to pets. We don’t want our pets become victim of the chemicals that we use in our garden.
This article will seek to educate you on how to identify pet-friendly gardening products. As a pet owner, you will be oriented on the products that will not harm your pet. At the same time it will initiate you to the wonderful world of organic gardening. Organic gardening has gained a lot of following because of its earth-friendly stance. It is important that pet lovers and gardeners understand the value of gardening products that protects not only the plants but the pets as well.
First type of pet friendly gardening products is pet-safe fertilizers. These types of fertilizers have manure as their main active substance. Cow, bat and bird manure are the most common ingredient. It could also contain fish, kelp and worm castings. The fertilizers can be either solid or liquid in premixed solutions or formula.
Liquid fertilizers are easily absorbed by the soil. They can be applied through sprayers or mixed with the water for the watering of the garden. Since it is liquid it takes more application compared to solid solutions. Solids on the other hand need no excessive application. They can be applied less often. Solids offer a cost-effective and favorable effect for your garden.
Composting is another alternative that you can consider. Gardeners use any organic material to use as compost. It reduces waste as a cost-efficient way to fertilize your garden. It will free up your waste bin and help the environment at the same time.
You can use a mix of dried leaves and food leftovers. You can use wood chips and straw that are rich in nitrogen. Add some rich green grass to make more nitrogen for an effective fertilizer. You will be amazed on how your refuse can cure some of your garden soil problems. Do not use coffee or anything with cocoa which can be harmful to dogs. There are certain types of fruits that can be toxic to dogs and cats.
Herbicides are also harmful to our pets. It is said that a dog can get sick through exposure of certain toxic chemicals normally used in gardens. They can suffer from very serious illness such as bladder cancer. It is important to use pet-friendly chemicals to keep your pet healthy.
It is important that you ask your local gardening store for their recommendations. It is also advisable to ask your veterinarian on the things you can place on the compost to prevent your pet from being harmed. It is important to coordinate with experts on this subject to make things right.
Posted by admin | Posted in Garden Products | Posted on 24-07-2012
Gardening is a labour intensive activity and that holds a great part of its appeal to a lot of people. It gives them an opportunity to start working outdoors and to get a good physical workout while doing something that’s very productive.
While gardening is a manual activity, it still requires some tools. These tools allow the gardener to become more productive. Some tools have been around for quite a while and have been in use since ancient times. There are new innovations however and these inventions make gardening even more fun. Let’s take a look a look at some of the latest garden tools and products that are available now:
Vibrating Hand Seeder- Planting seeds is now made easier with the new vibrating hand seeder. This device is a lot similar to a traditional seeder which is shaped like a small spade. The biggest difference is that it is equipped with a vibrator that can be activated by a thumb control. Once activated, it spreads out the seeds more evenly.
Rolling Plant Dollies- It used to be that moving large potted plants was a heavy and daunting task. Now that task has been a lot easier with the rolling plant dollies. All you have to do is to place the potted plant on it and take it anywhere that you want as long as it’s on a paved path.
Compact Fluorescent Plant Grow Lamps- Artificial lighting for plants was an expensive way of providing the much needed light for plants. Sometimes however there is no option but to use artificial lighting because there is not enough natural light. The good news now is that with the use of CFLs you can still give artificial lighting to your plants at significantly lower costs than before.
Easy Composter- Gardeners know the value of compost for their garden and they would always grab at the opportunity to get hold of a good supply of it. With the help of the Easy Composter that is now possible. This is a portable composting device which consists of a large drum on wheels so you can take it anywhere and unload the much needed compost right where it is needed.
Weed Puller- For older people pulling weeds might be a difficult task because of the hard time that they face when it comes to bending down and reaching for the ground. The new weed pullers that are now available in the market make things a lot easier. These devices can be used for pulling the weeds that infest a lawn or a garden without stooping down. Aside from the older gardeners, the modern weed puller could also help others to make clearing the ground a lot easier.
Posted by admin | Posted in Gardening | Posted on 20-07-2012
Gardening has been around for a long time. Ancient people have practiced gardening in one way or another. There are several reasons why people engage in this activity. There are those who see the practical side of it and they get vegetables, fruits and herbs because of their activity. Then there are those who are into it because of the beauty that it could bring. A beautiful garden is really a wonderful sight to behold. Finally there are those who are into gardening because it allows them to relax and take things easy.
If you are someone who would like to start out in the activity of gardening, then you have a long way to go. If you are determined to know all there is that you need to know about it, we have created secretgardennc.com. This is dedicated to those who would like to explore more about the world of gardening and how it can help you out.
You should have learned by now that there are so many things that you have to learn about gardening. Things like how you can keep it clean could discourage you and could eat up a lot of your time. That is why we have included some ideas on how you can keep your garden clean on our site.
If you have limited time that you can dedicate to working on your garden then you might have to hire someone to do the work there for you. A landscaper would a good choice for you. We have included here some information on how you can find the right landscaper and how they can help you in making sure that garden look stunning.
We also have some data there concerning the newest and the best gardening products that are currently available in the market.